Ensuring that pupils arrive and leave safely is a prime concern for us all. Please read the following guidelines.
Pedestrians and cyclists
- Adults must supervise children below the age of 8 on their journey to school
- Adults should keep all children close by at all times and ensure they stay on the pavement particularly while waiting at the school gate. Parents may wait under the shelter in the playground at the end of school from 3.05 PM.
- Ensure children travelling to school without an adult are aware of basic road safety.
- Children cycling to school should wear a cycling helmet and use a roadworthy bike that is checked regularly.
If extended family members are attending school activities please ensure they are aware of these guidelines. Thank you for keeping our school safe.
No Cars In School Lane
We politely insist that School Lane be kept car free at the start and end of a school day. We know this helps to keep our children safe. You may park at the Village Hall or the pub – the landlord very generously allows us to use their parking at 8.30 and 3.00.
Guidelines for drivers
- Park at the village Hall.
- Or park at the Pub and see children safely across the road or walk them to school.
- Parents MUST NOT park at the Rose and Crown when the pub is open (unless they are customers at the time!).
- Avoid parking by dropping pupils safely on the pavement on School Road side of Nethergate St allowing them to walk the very short final part of the journey themselves.
- Adhere to speed limits at all times.
- Be aware of children and adults cycling/walking to school and be vigilant throughout your whole journey. Almost half our pupils travel from outside the village.
- *Disabled drivers and parents with very young children should let the school know if they need to continue to drive into School Lane.